Did you know there are three ways you can burn your favorite arabian incense using an incense burner?
1. Traditional Charcoal Incense Burner Method
To burn bakhoor, you will need following items from AttarMist.com
Steps to burn bakhoor:
- Place charcoal disc in the mabkhara (Incense burner)
- Apply flame (matchstick or lighter) to the disc until you see sparks traversing the coal
- After a while, the disc will form some gray soot like ash over the top indicating it is hot and ready
- Now you can crumble/place a piece of bakhoor on top of the disc with tongs and experience your exotic bakhoor fragrance
- Use a little for lighter fragrance and less smoke
- When you are done with burning bakhoor, cover the mabkhara with a ceramic dish to extinguish the coal disc and only dispose of the coal when you are sure that it is completely cold.
The coal itself does not release smoke which is why you should use this special kind of charcoal for burning bakhoor. The bakhoor releases rich fragrant smoke which is used to scent your house.
Please be sure to keep the mabkhara with hot coal away and out of the reach of pets and children. Always be present to supervise.
Here is another useful article with step by step instructions and pictures
2. Electric Incense Burner Method
Using an electric incense burner is the easiest and quickest way to fragrance your home with bakhoor.
- Plug in the electric burner
- Wait for the hot plate to heat up
- Use a metal cup to keep the hot place clean (optional)
- Crumble/place the bakhoor on the hot plate/metal cup
- Enjoy the fragrance of bakhoor as it wafts from the incense burner
- To finish the bakhoor burning, simply switch off the incense burner
- Wait for the burner to cool down
- Lift out the metal cup and dispose of the used bakhoor
- If you are not using a metal cup, then carry the burner to the trash to empty.
3. Electric Regulator Incense Burner
If you need temperature and time control for your incense burner, this is the perfect burner for you.
- Plug in your regulator incense burner
- Switch the burner on
- Turn the knob left or right on the regulator control to set the incense burner to your desired temperature
- Once the plate is hot, add your metal cup (optional - this keeps the hot plate clean)
- Place/crumble the bakhoor onto the hot plate/metal cup
- You can also set the timer to automatic shut-off in 1hr intervals for up to 5 hours
- Now sit back and enjoy the fragrant plumes of scented smoke
- Once you are done burning bakhoor, turn the burner off and wait for the it to cool down
- Lift out the metal cup and dispose of the burned bakhoor
- If you are not using the metal cup, just empty the contents of the incense burner in the trash
If you love arabian incense and incense burners, subscribe to Attar Mist Newsletter to keep updated with our latest products, general information and sale news. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and submit your email address.