To burn bakhoor, you will need following items from AttarMist.com
Steps to burn bakhoor:
- Place charcoal disc in the mabkhara (Incense burner)
- Apply flame (matchstick or lighter) to the disc until you see sparks traversing the coal
- After a while, the disc will form some gray soot like ash over the top indicating it is hot and ready
- Now you can place a piece of bakhoor on top of the disc with tongs and experience your exotic bakhoor fragrance
- Use a little for lighter fragrance and less smoke
- When you are done with burning bakhoor, cover the mabkhara with a ceramic dish to extinguish the coal disc and only dispose of the coal when you are sure that it is completely cold.
The coal itself does not release smoke which is why you should use this special kind of charcoal for burning bakhoor. The bakhoor releases rich fragrant smoke which is used to scent your house.
Please be sure to keep the mabkhara with hot coal away and out of the reach of pets and children. Always be present to supervise.
Here is another useful article with step by step instructions and pictures www.attarmistblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/how-to-burn-bakhoor/
For further information on Bakhoor and Incense Burners make sure to visit our #AttarMistblog at www.attarmistblog.wordpress.com.